If money was no object?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by the cleaner, Jan 13, 2008.

1. the cleaner

the cleaner LawnSite Member

I wanted to know what equipment you pro's would buy, if there was no limit on how much you can afford.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What kind of work will you be doing? & how big of equipment are you looking for?

3. the cleaner

I already have a commercial pressure cleaning business. I am adding landscaping to my services. I have many commercial and residential accounts that i am going to sell this to.

4. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to be starting a pressure washing business along with my lawn care business,hows that working out for you? Would mind a phone call to help a new guy in the pressure washing field with some questions? I understand if you dont feel like sharing your knowledge,i just have too many questions to type them all down. thanks.:weightlifter:

5. the cleaner

start @ pressurewashinginstitute.com look thru this site it has more info then you could ever use. After you have looked over that forum give me a shout at cleaner2141@hotmail.com

Regards
    Nick

6. carcrz

Are you looking for landscaping equipment than? Like machinery then? Or are you talking about lawn care equipment? There's just so much stuff to just guess. here.

1. Hand-held Equipment - Stihl or Redmax
    2. Mowers - Ferris, Hustler, Walker, or Wright. I use Ferris & Walker, but wouldn't mind having the other two.
    3. For Heavy Equipment there's so many ways you can go. I really like the Tekeuchi loader I used the other day. Took a little getting used to, but it's pretty nice. Bobcat mini-excavator. Dingo. Case Backhoe. Etc...

7. the cleaner

For right now, i am looking to purchase hand held tools and mowers, i will need to get through alot of yard gates.

8. carcrz

I'd look @ the 2 brands of hand helds above first. They are both quality manufacturers. Make sure you buy from a dealer that you trust that will stand behind you through warranty work should you need it.

Since you have gates, I'd look @ the smaller Wright mowers. I think they have a 32" & 36". I don't think I've seen more than 2 gates that I needed something smaller than 36", but that depends on the area. I referred them to someone else. You want to be able to get in & out as fast as possible, but still be proud of your work when you leave.

If you're getting into commercial accounts though, you're going to want bigger equipment. 52" is probably a minimum.

9. the cleaner

Thanks for your help.

10. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd take the money and retire.