1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If not a hummer how bout this?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by James Cormier, Feb 13, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

This idea has been rattling around in my head.

I want to buy a VW bug, white and have it painted up with my logo grass, grubs with do not enter slash through ( part of my logo) and call it the grub bug. Really make it stand out. So other than letting my office help drive it to the bank and post office I ve been thinking about 2 ways to do this

1. Hire college kid to drive down major highways in my service area during rush hour traffic ( morning & eve ) just keep going back and fourth, the more people see it the better.

2. during a home show have a drawing, if you sign up for our 5 step lawn program you name gets entered into a drawing for a free 2 year lease of the bug, must keep it lettered and you must stay with our service during the 2 years. My lawyer looked into this and it can be done, they must qualify for the lease for it to work.

What do anyone think?

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

the car might not be a bad idea a local add company does that cant miss the thing
    if u can justify it as a total advertizing expense do it
    i would not put my name on a car and let some homeowner drive it around might be a bad thing just my thoughts
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Yeah....what if its somebody that frequents the bar a lot, not that there is anything wrong with that...haha!! Worse yet, they get pulled over for running drugs and it get caught on tape and makes the 5:00 news....not good at all. Now, I know these are extreme cases, but you see the point.
  4. James Cormier

from Ma

Yeh, that would be a problem, however back in 84 a company I worked for murdered a customer,and claimed the chemicals made him crazy. that case made the national news for weeks, in the long run it helped the company grow cause everone heard the name but couldnt remember why. very tragic time for that family and the company family, Yes he's in jail for life, and no the chemicals didnt make him crazy, he was just a estimater never even spread the chemicals
  5. James Cormier

from Ma

Cost for number 1 is about the same I spend on yellow page ads, wonder which one would bring in more customers.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I agree.
  7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

What makes you think a client would even want to drive that around??? I know I wouldnt want to drive it around with your companys logo all over it.....
  8. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

I like the 1st idea. You'd definetly get reconized alot more.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Idea 1 yeah maybe

Idea 2 not a chance

I think you would be better off driving it around then some stranger.What happens if they have a brake down and get stranded you don't want any part of that.
  10. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

Go with Idea 1 , good idea.