1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

if we move

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, Jun 24, 2005.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

a trampoline and for some reason the homeowner kids go to jump on it and it fall apart because we moved it and a bar separated. Who is responsible?. I know the answer but just wanted your thoughts.
  2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Depends if anybody saw you move it or not :p

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Simple. You are responsible.

It actually happened to a LCO in my town a few years back. His crew moved the trampoline to mow. Then they moved it back. A support or something came apart without them knowing it. Customer's kid was on it when it came apart and broke their foot. Customer sued LCO for medical expenses and such and won. Only in America...
  4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

We mow around them. Will not touch them.
  5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I forgot to add that. I will not move them either. I mow around, trim under a few feet what I can reach, and thats it. Usually the stuff in the dead center dies out or turns to weeds anyway from lack of sunlight. My contract cleary states we will not move or remove any items from the lawn area. We make some exceptions for kids toys, etc... but when they are everywhere we just run them over. Usually the kids get the hint after that.

7. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

We don't move anything like that. Tennant at a duplex came running out saying we missed under a trampoline and wondered why we didn't trim around the inflatable pool lol. Just told her my insurance forbids me from moving customers equipment. Same thing if tennants have cars on the grass at rental properties. I don't trim aroundnd em. Its in my contract with the landlord these areas will be skipped and he is fine with that. I am not taking the time or risking damage to some play thing when I got work to do.
  8. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Very interesting... currently I move 2 of them and one of them falls apart. Hmm... thanks for these insights.