If You Are A One Man Crew..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KcLawnServices, Jan 25, 2006.

1. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

Just wanted to know what a one man crew can make a year..

2. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

About $431,614.09 give or take a few hund thous.

To many variables here.

kc

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

$1,934,678,752.32

4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

We need a lot of info. from you before we could even guess. What kind of equipment do you have, how many lawns do you anticipate having, how tight is your route? Many, many variables to consider. I really don't understand why anyone would want to be a 1 man crew anyway, just my opinion.

5. RRHAMMONS

RRHAMMONS LawnSite Member

You should be able to gross appoximately 25-30k by yourself only. You could probably gross substantially more as you accounts grow and if you could at least add some to do the trim work.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I gross around 70K a year. I am Solo, and I don't work insane hours. If I was more motivated and was willing to really go out and take all the work that I could find and work sun-up till 6 or 6:30 everynight, I think I could do 100K a year by myself.

I'm doing mowing and maintenence.

7. KcLawnServices

KcLawnServices LawnSite Member

K&L Landscaping
    I have a wright stander 52" and a wright stander 36" both are brand new..I planned on having around 50 accounts and all would be residential..The services I would do is Lawn mowing,Light landscaping,Flower beds,Lawn Applications,Snow removal,

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like you have the equipment to do things in a relatively quick manner. 50 lawns a week would be quite a bit for a one man show. Get yourself a part time emp. to stand on 1 of those Standers and you on the other. Productivity will go way up and that will free you up to do the other tasks you mentioned (by the way, that's where the real $$$ is). Now, to try and answer your original question. If you have 50 lawns and they average $40.00 per lawn that would be $2000 weekly. I personally base everything here in my area on 37 mowings. So, if we base yours on 37 mowings that would be $74,000.00 yearly. Now, looks like a pretty good number right? However, consider all the $$$ going out the door to insurance, equipment up-grade and repair, employee if you have one, gas and oil, licensing (which you will need to do your apps.). It's not all profit, far from it actually. I think you can still make a better living than going somewhere else and punching a #*@& time clock and trying to make ends meet.

9. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

depends on how hard ur willing to work. how many lawns. how many days a week. and full time or part time.

10. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Rose. I'm pretty close to his numbers. The absolute most I have grossed is $88,000. That was basically in 9 months but really humping it. I think 100k is reachable with a tight effiecient irrigated route.