If you are applying pesticides without a license STOP

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by turfman59, Sep 13, 2009.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

And I know for a fact almost everyone has done it. Let me say that you will be far better off not doing it, until you get your certification. You will understand better how to apply which will put you in a better position to compete...I read a lot of posts on here where people are asking questions about application procedures...Oh maybe if they took the core manual home and read the thing from front to back they would understand that the most important thing is THE LABEL IS THE LAW....How many times have I seen people spreading fert with dimension in it when I know that the bag says use a drop spreader not a rotary spreader....Oh I didnt know that, oh really until you read the label front to back several times you will not understand the safety precautions, the time when to put it on and when not to. If you really want to be LICENSED and cannot figure out how to pass the Government requirements especially here in Michigan, let me tell you it can be done...There is an avenue I used that got me my license legaly and above the board I did not have 2 years experience and did not have even a certifications until this year. In a 2 month period I went from no license to certified and licensed let me tell you it makes you feel a whole lot better about being in the business and not having fear of people turning you in Most people want to obey the law and the Govt doesnt make this easy for just anybody to get this kind of credentials WOW that was a rant

2. Heidi J.

Heidi J. LawnSite Senior Member

So how did you get certified with out the 2 years experience? Where are you Mt. Pleasant area?

:waving:

3. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Some here have tried to help people get certified but most think it is a scam. So there are people who will help you just ask around

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Hey troll boy - your facts look like your ass, full of cracks and smelly too.
    The next time you want to lump people into a category or erroneously stereotype them - be quiet until you know what you are talking about.
    This type of disingenuous crap ought to be stricken.

5. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have eggs for you all.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Does everyone out there use a drop spreader for Fert+pre 1st rd like the OP stated??

7. turfman59

Did you know that Alaska is going to divide in Half...I guess they want Texas to be the 3rd largest state in the Union....Disengenous I think not But if you are calling me a Troll Boy you must be from the Upper Peninsula or what is called the U.P which stands for Under Privelaged..I guess Texas is a step up for you skoal chewing rednecks...

8. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Please link to any fert label that specifies a drop spreader instead of a rotaray spreader. I have spread alot of fert plus dimmension and have never seen this on a label. Really, fert should never be spread with a drop spreader.

9. turfman59

My only question to you is did you read the label or not....How do you stay on target and not drift without using a drop spreader at some point...My only point is that some bags say you must use a drop spreader to apply therefore YOU MUST USE A DROP SPREADER....what is the argument about here...

10. turfman59

and why not???? because you cant do it and make money...The next time your in a Big Box store look and see for yourself how many say use a drop spreader...obviously you only use one kind it may say or may not say use a drop spreader....This is your oppurtunity to prove me wrong ( I think not ) find your own dang label then and by the way how much is a lot???