if you are going to extend credit....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 2, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

if you are going to extend credit, THEN ACT LIKE A DAMN CREDIT COMPANY!!!!! rediculous , you people are killing me!! if you are going to be so bold, or damn stupid, to extend credit, then act like a proffessional credit service! what does a credit service do? they check a potential clients credit history. they charge late fees and over limit fees. if you are a bad risk, they charge you more money, and higher late fees. what does a lawnboy do? he extends credit, to a complete stranger, for an unlimited amount of time, with no late fees, no interest, AND HE DOES THIS ON A HANDSHAKE!!!!! you people talk about "acting proffessional", well, ARE YOU???? today i contacted 2 clients that are late on thier bills, and i told them they are canceled till payment is made. they are exactly 2 days late on thier bill. i told them i WILL enforce a late fee, and not return till i'm paid. they said out of all the lawn services they have dealt with, this has never happened! and...they said "i was hassling them". me, hassling them? can you imagine that!!!!!!!! you guys are "proffessionals", then quit acting like pee ons!!!!!!!

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Damn bobby, don't hold back on us...

3. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

The word is Peon.

What got your tampon wadded up?

4. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

LOL !!! :D :D

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

what got my tampon wadded up are these so called "proffessionals". they do proffessional lawn mowing, proffessional chemical apps, proffessional landscaping. thier customer service skills are proffessional. THEN, when it comes to acting like a "proffessional" credit company(cus they are extending credit) they put thier tails between thier leggs and don't act "proffessional". they are worried about "scrubs" and lowballers. GUESS WHAT?? if you are extending credit, and not following the guidelines of REAL PROFFESSIONAL credit services, you are a gdamn scrub yourself!!!! and....you are hurting the industry!!!!!!

6. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Does this have to do with another thread from the recent past?

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

do you have it written in the contract that there will be a late fee if you do not recieve payment after three days?

if not what you are doing is unfair to the customer. it also sounds you are treating them like dirt. be good to them and the'll be good to you.

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

it states clearly: payment is due by 1st of month, and payment not in our office by the first is subject to a late fee, and service may be cancelled/interupted as a result.

9. bobbygedd

from NJ

gee vee, you, or anyone else who does work, be it grasscutting or weedpulling or a major install, and leaves the premises without payment in hand, IS EXTENDING CREDIT! if you are going to extend credit, then do it in a proffessional manner! there should be due dates! late payments are subject to late fees!! you need to have a policy, and stick to it concerning cancelation after payment is not recieved after xxx days!

10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

if i only had 3 customers like bobby that pay me 20 big ones per week,,,,,this probably would be my first choice for collections as well!