If you bag with your Walker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Drew Gemma, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

How in the heck do you get the clippings into the truck? I want to build a fold down container on the side of my truck any ideas I want to run walkers only and 1 ztr. I love my new walker it just cuts so nice and man can it pile crap in that hopper. it took 3 tarp loads of leaves and turned them into dust! I don't want a high dump kit either my sides are to high.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Get yourself a couple rubbermaid containers, and dump into them, then dump those into the truck.

3. karrotjuice

karrotjuice LawnSite Member

Try the 28cu/ft size "lawn-bags" that they sell at lesco.... they're the exact same thing as the walker bags that the dealer sells.

They hold a full hopper perfectly and are pretty easy to handle into the truck.

4. jlawnservice

jlawnservice LawnSite Member

walker makes a molded hopper to fit into the bagger

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'll pass, one of those loaded with 9.5 bushels of wet grass has got to weigh like 200lbs.

6. Chestnut Oaks Prez

Chestnut Oaks Prez LawnSite Senior Member

We use the Walker plastic bags. A hopper full of green fescue is about 200lbs so you better have some help. Unless you are a BEAST!!!!!!!!:laugh:

7. karrotjuice

With a helper it's cake... but I've muscled full bags into my dump for the 1st 2yrs I was in business.

:weightlifter:

8. karrotjuice

I had to take my skirt off 1st to do it though.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I would either get the containers that fit in the hoppers or get the bag to dump it in. I dont justify spending 3k on a high dump. And Kris i know i took your picture, only one i have haha.

10. karrotjuice

I was rubbin my eyes gettin closer to the computer screen until I read your reply... :laugh:

:drinkup: