1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

If you could have a feature from another brand of mower...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Richard Martin, May 17, 2013.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you could have a feature from another brand of mower ,what brand of mower would it be and what would be the feature.

For my Dixie Chopper I'd like to have the John Deere MOD (mulch on demand). My Dixie's OCDC is nice but it would be even better just to be able to mulch at any time I pleased.

2. kawakx125

kawakx125 LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd like to have a scag or gravely deck on my 52'' wright stander

3. we just got done demoing a john deere with the mod as you said and i wish we had it on ours, was very impressd with it worked great in cemetaries.

4. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

I would like the MOD as well but then I'd have to take off the mulching plates on my mower. I wouldn't think it would mulch as well without them.

5. M&L

M&L LawnSite Member

For a 21, Id take the Vacuum abilities from my old Snapper, with the 7.25 Briggs and single lever height adjust from my Crapsman, and add a touch of Toro speed to it. But without the Gravely price tag :laugh:

6. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Senior Member

Deeres MOD deck
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Deeres MOD deck on my SZ.
    Can we please have 2? I want a DFI option off a ???? or at least a Briggs BB off a ????.
    Oops, thats 3! Sorry!

8. yardguy29

yardguy29 LawnSite Member

I like the flexible material the chute on my grandstand is made from. so when I switch to a vantage I'd like to have that same chute.

I can literally get extremely close to objects on the discharge side. the chute flexes like its not even there.

9. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Hustler walkbehind controls on a scag or exmark.

10. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

A Dixie's speed for our Deere's.