1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you could have ANY walkbehind what would it be and why??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

I think right now i would go for either a scag ultimate hydro 52", that has the FULL floating deck and i believe it comes w/ a 21 hp kaw electric start, on it i would be running double blades have the advantage deck w/ turbo baffler and then be using some form of a fixed sulkey that has the caster wheels so i can turn 360 and back and not have to think 2x what about i'm doing....the other choice might be the exmark w/ the ecs but i'm starting to have doubts about exmark quality compared to scag....
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

jeff--I can have any WB that I want.

but knowing what I know now, if I had it to do all over again, I'd buy my used LESCO 48, BELT again. especially for what I gave for it. FOR THE MONEY, IMHO, it is top of the line.

however, should I buy another anytime soon, it would probably be the exmark hydro with the loaded out deck. and they make a really great sulky also. I'm not sure about the deck size I'd prefer but HORSEPOWER is everything.

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

The one I have, Great Dane Scamper.
  4. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

A walk behind someone else pays for.:D Honestly a mower with the loop handle system,48 or 52 inch cut,17 or 19 kawi engine. My next mower will be a zero turn (thats my plans).:p Just have to get the wife to go along with the plan.:eek:
  5. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

The one I just bought. Hustler. Why? I could go on all day, but here is the short list.

1. Very easy to learn controls that are easy on the operator.
    2. Excellent cut quality
    3. Excellent company that will support their end users.
    4. Hustler supports Lawnsite.

Slap a Pro-slide on it and you will have an awesome machine. Give it a try.
  6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Along with JLC, Hustler and only Hustler. Way over built, customer service way beyond the normal, and an easy to operate and easy on the operator machine. What more could you ask for?
  7. casey

casey Guest

"What more could you ask for?"

An Exmark TTHP. Everything said about the Hustler applies to an Exmark WB.
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Probably a 52" eXmark hydro for a back up or employee to use.
  9. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Easy answer here. Snapper 52" with the Loop Steering/i guess with the 17Kaw since they quit running the Vandguards due to there price,but im still on my 9yr old and it has been without question the best purchase ive ever made in 11yrs. Ive still yet to do anything to that engine,i keep on waiting for something to go its 32hrs away from the 5000hr club.But back to the subject Snapper walkbehinds are built very well,and are a big seller here in southern In but if you want to save your hands on close truns and such the loop is the best by far. This is just been my experience with there Walks. There Z well thats another story. But 9yr testifying is what we here at Lawnsite are looking for. Marks Mowing Service
  10. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

52" Exmark Turf Tracer.