If you could have it your way.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawns Lawns, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Would you rather the customers you serve were home when you showed up to do work or would you rather they were not home?

The talkers i would definatly like not to be home everytime i go.:waving:
    I am not saying that i do not want to talk to them its just harder to get going when you are in a hurry.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

without a doubt, not home
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

them not being home is a definite plus. the less crap I have to deal with the better. they always have little favors to ask.
  4. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I tell people not to come outside or approach equipment while we are working because my insurance is high enough. Besides I do have a telephone. It is a major loss of income if you have customers that like to chat it up while you are there. Not only are you not working, but it seems that they want to talk when you are done so you also have employee's standing around getting paid to watch you talk.

This year I have been very strict with telling people to call me with questions and I will be happy to either answer over the phone or set up an appointment so that we can meet and spend some time discussing their questions or concerns.

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Only home to pay me!!!
  6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Prefer them not to be home when they pay. Use your mouth to lick the stamp not waste my time about aunt bertha and her hystarectomy.
  7. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Put them on Automatic Bill Pay with CC and hope there not home.
  8. Not home. It's a real advantage with factories too. No cars etc.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Not home for sure. However I do like to catch everyone at home a couple times a year at least. I usually end up doing that when I'm fertilizing or spraying since I do that in the "off hours" generally. Nice to be able to see some of them and it gives me a face to face opportunity to suggest things that may need done.
  10. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

I would prefure that they were not home, so I could my work done, but its not that I don't, want to talk it's I need to get my work done.