If you could make equiptment for this business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Jul 31, 2000.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I think for me maybe an edger that has a blower to blow out the edges right after edging. I thought about the hedge trimmer on the weed wacker about 8 or 9 years ago but I'm no mechanic. How about a hedge trimmer for a rider the has a hydro arm to cut long and tall hedges. (LoLs) I guess you can tell I had a good day!! Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance ;)

2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Travis-<p>Probably robotic employees. They would never:<br>be late<br>take a lunch<br>steal from you<br>have a hangover <br>etc... you get the point!<p>But I guess they already have those with those little bumper electic mowers that take 8 hrs to cut 100 sq feet :)<p>Mike<br>Greenkeepers

3. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

ATOMIC POWERED EVERYTHING

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

There are a number of innovations I think should be pursued and a couple I'm working on myself.<p>1.) All side discharge mowers should have an OCDC as starnard or optional equipment.<p>2.) A blower fan mounted to the mower should be an option. You flip a switch and the mower blades stop, flip another and the blower fan rotates, instantly turning your Z or WB into a 17-26HP ride-on/behind blower.<p>There is a company that makes a 8.5'(fully floating deck) 38hp ZTR, I cannot figure out why those aren't more popular.<p>Also, I'd buy a 72&quot; walk-behind if they offered one.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

The blower on the mower is a great idea that I also am thinking about. Or mayby some type of mower mounted blower that really disperses clippings after they have been cut.

[Edited by MOW ED on 08-09-2000 at 10:58 AM]

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Scag makes a 72&quot; walkbehind.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I think probably the number 1 thing I'd like to see is a mower deck that doesn't clog or allow grass to stick to it. I have put some thought to this and you might be able to accomplish this 3 ways. 1: Non-stick coatings. 2: A deck vibrator. 3: A heated deck. Of the 3 the heated deck is probably the most viable. The only reason the grass sticks is because it is wet and if you can get the deck warm enough the grass would stick for a second and then fall off once it dries up.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One of my ideas would be a backpack unt that could power things such as a pole saw, stick hedge trimmer, string trimmer, hydraulic pole pruner, etc. It could use a really light backpack like how some small backpack blowers are. This way, we could do things like trim hedges without holding hardly any weight at all. What do you guys think?

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl used to make a baackpack powered brush cutter, they still may. Shindaiwa has one too, but from what I understand it is not available in the states.<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Keith

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

More interchangeble attachments for trimmers. Yeah Stihl makes a bunch but most of the interchangeble stuff they make are hedge trimmers and crap. That doesn't sound great to ME, but in a few years it might. I wish Stihl would make a blower attachment for their trimmers. I know Homelite used to. I also wish they would make mounting brakets for WB's for like halogen lights, cup holder, etc.. I'm thinking about putting the halogen lights on my walkbehind 'cuz sometimes I mowing or loading a little late.