1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you could only buy one mower.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by biglawndog, May 16, 2006.

1. I want to start up another crew and would like your opinions. I have everything else all thats left to get is a mower. Keep in mind that I need it to go through gates. (40") Whats the most productive, bang for the buck mower out there?
  2. MysticLandscape

MysticLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Judging from your signature, you already have what you need, 2 36's , a 52 and a 60? I have no experience but I would think a wright stander would do you good.
  3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If you want a do it all mower that goes through gates then get a good 36" WB. You can do hills and be fairly productive with it in any sitation unless you get out on a lawns bigger than an acre.
  4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Oh if you dont have hills then a gravely 34Z would be an awsome unit.
  5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

used or new? New=exmark metro. Used=bobcat/ransomes.
  6. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i know that if i had to pick one mower , i would look for one that leaves the shop with a comp. disk (mowing list) mowes all day while im fishing, comes back to the shop at 5pm i take the disk, load it in my comp, make out invoices ,get paid, oh-wait! that was a dream i had last night lol ....
  7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I'd say get a Wright Stander. They seem to do a really nice job & you aren't walking all day.
  8. mole

mole LawnSite Member

walker. nothing else
  9. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

AGREE 100%

10. F Haney

F Haney LawnSite Member

I think you have answered your own question.....you have to get thru gates, so you need a 36 " . As long as this 2nd crew isn't cutting anything very big , a 36" WB ( I like Toros) would be versatile....able to get in gates, work on hills, manuever, etc. Also less expensive than a stander.