if you could pick one ....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by M RASCOE&SONS, Jun 5, 2006.

1. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

if you could pick one set of blades to use all year for the best results what would it be??im using high lifts and they cut great but man with the lawns growing like mad around here there is so much double cutting its killing me.:drinkup:

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

gators for me.best all around

3. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

The high lifts work good...but Imo...these fancy dancer blades that are out there now are just a money grabber...any thing Inside the tip of the blade 1.5 -2 " ...Is just going around for the ride...Its just common physics
    And what i have done for the lawns that grow like freeking crazy...cut them a tad higher...instead of 3.5 taker up to 4"

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

ever thought about using double blades?

5. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

i was thinking about trying doubles ,was gonna use highlifts with a gator on discharge side,what do you think?we run exmark lazers,60 inch decks with Lc 27hp kawis.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Thats how i'd do it on my eXmark works well. is it a new triton deck? if so even better for doubles!!

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have gone to flat blades on my Lazer. I got tired of throwing grass a mile. High lift also makes the deck grab the ground showing any imperfections. With the flat blade there is more power in the cut and you can double cut the clumps into nothing. I did use high lift blades for a long time though because they cut the dips better. The flat blades still have better lift than the gators.

8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I love using my stock lesco blades.