If you could....

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sean Adams, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you for saying this. It got me thinking about how brainwashed we all are.
  2. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

"Professional Squirrel hunter"

I love to hunt the local squirrels full time with my Gamo (1,200 ft per sec) air gun with a scope. I'd like to be paid a few bucks per squirrel, being able to walk around the town blowing these rats out of the trees! Have an "official permit" allowing me to enter people's property w/o asking permission. :laugh: Maybe a "siren" for the truck (?) ha ha.

Laugh if you want but squirrels do MILLIONS of dollars worth of damage in Florida yearly.
  3. DJJS

DJJS LawnSite Senior Member

Funny you say that, I've had 2 customers this spring s far ask me if I knew a pest control guy cause they got squrrels in the attic/basement.

Anyway I'm only 20 so I guess I could change fields relatively easy, if I were ever to do so I'd go to the NYPD academy, I wanted to be either an ESU cop or an anti-crime cop after I had enough time on the job. I love what I'm doing now though and I doubt I'd ever be able to leave it, I've been doing it since I was a kid and I still love it as much today as I did as a little kid
  4. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent Post! :clapping:

For a clear and concise education on how the U.S. (debt-based) monetary system really works, read here:

Until all Americans understand how incredibly duped we've been (and by whom), nothing will change. Take thirty minutes of your life and read this (until you understand it).

Long past time for Americans to wake-up and realize that our great Nation has very nearly been stolen from us.
  5. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i would have to say either a NASCAR driver or a pro athlete NHL, NFL, MLB.
  6. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Refreshing to see posts like this...good to know other awakened people out there. I have a Christian world view but I'm not offended by what you said by the major world religions.

As much as like and enjoy some aspects of the of the lawncare industry I would love to do the following instead:

#1 Have a back country flying service: I'm a private pilot and a A & P mechanic but I haven't done either for a very long time. I ran out of money to fly and working nights as a aircraft mechanic burned me out quickly. We don't have to work nights and sleep during the day [miss out on the day] with lawncare.

#2 Run and operate a full immersion survival school with varying degrees of programs. Many of those weeds you herbicide guys are spraying for now will be gladly welcomed back in the not to distant future...if they only knew... This type of program would get fairly complicated since it would require other instructors and more complex operational parameters over just a simple solo lawncare Co.

#3 Own and operate an outdoor outfitter recreation Co. Rafting Company...close encounters with Grizzly bears...fishing guide maybe.
    If I could find the funding for someone to pay the bill $$$ - full time deep woods Sasquatch research.....Not kidding...what better way to camp out doors for long periods of time and get paid for it. Sasquatch not found or captured no big loss here.

#4 Figure out a way to live off the grid as much as possible and insulate myself from living in this Matrix as much as possible. This is basically impossible while running a Lawncare biz... at least the way I work during the Spring. Much more possible if ones family is on board with the program. Don't get me started on that.

#5 Already did the Marine Corps...would always hire a vet over a non vet....I have great respect for honorable service and sacrifice to the country. What I don't have respect for is the bomb fodder and small projectile interceptor expendable personel mentality by our power elite for frankly imperialistic and globalistic and hip pocket $ goals that do not represent our supposed defense of freedom. I'm sure StoneFaced could expand on that. :)

#6 Tried to get hired as a Full Time firefighter few years back but I found it extremely difficult to lie on oral interviews about supposed diversity issues. Maybe it was just me with all the questions with the different district interviews and all but yes I'm a horrible liar. Don't get me started on the diversity training and violence in the workplace pabulum it had to sit through as even just a volunteer firefighter. Yet another advantage to lawncare...I'm my own boss and I don't have to be subjected to mandatory classes and such.
  7. StoneFaced

StoneFaced LawnSite Member

Thank you fellas for the kind words. For the record, I still maintain a Christian viewpoint, I just have a problem w/ those that have contaminated the info. No one should ever be offended by what I say...or what anyone says for that matter. I don't pretend to have all the answers, because I truly am far from it. The more I know and learn, the more I realize how little I really do know. Every lie ever told, begins w/ an element of truth, historically and present. It is refreshing to hear from others who are on a similar journey to finding truth...and not just think they are. There are in fact great things happening today, w/ an awakening like this world has never seen. This is a time in history that future generations will be speaking about for many, many years to come.

GPDesign1...Great post, I have covered most of that info some time ago, but there are many who have no idea...great stuff. I will be going through it as time allows, doesn't hurt to take a refresher. I'm sure I'll find something that I have missed.

Exact Rototilling...What can I say, You got me thinking! Very cool!! One of my way bigger than me ideas, is to take what I know and find others who can build on my week points...to build and develop self reliant communities of living. Utilizing forms of self produced/contained energy, food production w/o all the additives or mods, water purification w/o fluoride, effective recycling on all levels...that benefits it's own community and eco friendly housing...but as a designer, it's all gotta look cool! There are people around the country, who have the same basic ideas, but we need to form a network to get on the same page and make something happen. I see this type of living as the wave of the future, and for that I truly believe people would live happier, healthier lives...physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. If you or anyone has a concept or idea to make things better, I will always listen, and share my thoughts if I am able. As far as your #2 idea, check these guys out...google: HOTT Conference. The material can get a bit sensitive, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks again for the responses, keep fighting the good fight...and may God bless us all !!
  8. twcw5804

twcw5804 LawnSite Senior Member

I second Nascar Driver.

I would also like to be a Dave Ramsey Endorsed local provider for helping people dig out of fiancial problems. Or better yet since this is hypothetical I would like to host the Dave Ramsey show!! LOL

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

you should consider writing novels:laugh:I would like to be a pilot or crane operator