If you don't have a Steiner you won't understand

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cantoo, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Big M LawnnSnow

Big M LawnnSnow LawnSite Member

I am impressed.
    You have a good imagination and a talent for equipment design.
    I'm looking forward to see what you come up with next.

2. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

How many attachments do you have? Thats sick looking!

3. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I'm impressed. I'm looking at getting a Ventrac maybe next year.

4. TriPLandscaping

TriPLandscaping LawnSite Member

Wow very nice work. That has got to be the most versatile machine ever. Must be a good money maker.

5. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk about an all in one machine. I like it.

6. razor1

razor1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Cantoo, did you by any chance get a welder and torch for your birthday this year? :clapping:

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Here's my storage shop. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=184416
    I did buy a new mig this year but already have most other tools I need.

I buy my Steiners used so the prices are reasonable. I paid around $3500 for my older one and about $7000 for my newer diesel with 600 hrs on it. I bought and sold a Ransomes one (same as Steiner but green) New price at the dealer is around Can$15000 depending on engine options.
    Todays sale had an older one with Onan gas and 1400 hrs with 5' deck and it sold for $6000 before taxes way to much for me. I need one more to mount my sprayer on so I don't have to switch machines. It only takes a few minutes to change but my wife does most of the work so it easier to have lore machines.
    Eric, I have no idea how many attachments I have. I would have to go look around. I have 10 acres and crap everywhere. I have 50 projects on the go at all times. Plus I am addicted to auction sales so spare time is hard to find. I make my wife stay home on weekends to sell stuff to people. Today she sold 4 tires that I paid $40 for and got $300. It paid for my day at the sale and I bought 4 more tires and a table saw. $75.00 Mowers were too pricy today. Had a guy look at the JD front mount I think he'll be back for it.

8. logorhea

logorhea LawnSite Member

To Jason U (post #18) - make sure the vent on the front axle is closed. It's easy to knock it open because it's spring loaded, and not many people know it's there to help drain the oil when you're changing it. I'm on my 14th Steiner.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

that is great stuff i like it all

10. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, that thing is FREAKIN SWEET!! My friends nonno has one but I never knew they were that versatile! I might look into picking up a used one