If you don't have a Steiner you won't understand

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by cantoo, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Whats a nonno? don't laugh, i'm just a country hick.

2. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

Everything looks great.

What are your dethatcher tines made of, and where can I get them?

3. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Its the Italian name for grandfather. Grandmother is nonna
    :drinkup:

4. jason u

jason u LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, my steiner sat idle for most of the summer last season because I focused on other equipment, but then spent some time this winter fixing it, and if this snow ever re-melts - the steiner will be the first piece of equipment out of the shop door!!!

5. mikeg1005

mikeg1005 LawnSite Member

That is one sweet machine!!!

6. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I love seeing what comes out of Canadians' shops. I get the RFDTV channel on Dish Network and I really like the Prairie Farm Report show. They basically tour shops and show custom built equipment Canadian farmers build during the winter. There has been some really neat stuff on there, like a wide-boom sprayer built on a combine harvester frame.

7. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice collection of tools, but the best tool you have is on your shoulders!!!!

8. larryslawn

larryslawn LawnSite Member

very nice fab work on the tool's. I only have two questions. Does it float and can i put a gun on it?

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

larrylawn, 2 answers. 1. No, it don't float, son buried it in the bush swamp last year and we had to clear a 200' path to get the big tractor in to get it out.
    2. You can put a gun on anything.
    No time building attachments lately, Been working on the toy hauler and lots of other stuff. The Steiners have seen lots of use already this year. Broom for parking lots, blade to move snow and the other blade for moving gravel off lawns. 2 weeks fertilizing and lawn rolling done already. We've decided to buy another newer one to replace our old one. It's auction sale season so I should have another one soon.

10. judd12

judd12 LawnSite Member

Cantoo
    Love the attachments you have for your steiners! Hopefully you or someone else can help me with a few questions. I have a 1979 s-16 traction master that was refurbed a few years back with an 18 hp B & S twin cylinder engine. I currently only have two attachments for the steiner a core aerator and a a 48 inch dozer blade.

I have been told by dealers that I cannot run the following attachments with my 18 hp but I could with atleast a 20 hp. I think they are just trying to get me to buy a higher hp steiner.

1- stump grinder
    2- anything bigger than a 48 inch mowing deck
    3-slip scoop
    4- 2 stage snowblower
    5- tiller attachment

Thank you to all that read and have any input!