1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you find a competitor’s flyer on one of your customer’s door, do you:

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bluesteel, Mar 22, 2003.

When you find a competitor’s flyer on one of your customer’s door, do you:

1. Crumple it up and throw it in the back of your truck?

25 vote(s)
  2. Save it for future “reference”?

31 vote(s)
  3. Look for that guy’s truck, follow him, and reciprocate the favor?

3 vote(s)
  4. Look for the guy’s truck and remove some of his valve-stems?

4 vote(s)
  5. Hand the flyer to your customer in full faith an confidence in your quality and reliability?

34 vote(s)
  1. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Hey scaper,

I thought it was illegal to place anything on the mailbox itself, only tacking to the post is considered O.K.?

Be careful you dont get fined by the US Mail, in addition to local police ticketing you for littering after you toss that flier.

Just a thought....
  2. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

hey," totalcaredelusions" i thought you got booted off the site a couple days ago, glad to have you back, though i see you havnt learned much. actually, i've been using the mailbox flag for years , never had a problem other than those other flyers accidently falling off. and you're absolutly right, littering is illegal, thats why i always throw them in the back of the truck , i think some of them were yours, so you owe me for saving you a ticket! ~scaper~:) p.s. did you ever get your craftsman push mower situation worked out?