if you found a way

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, i've heard here that the target for most of you, cutting grass, is $60, per man, per hour. frankly, i don't believe most of you are meeting that goal, or even close, UNLESS, you are doing big factories, or large acerage where u stop and spend alot of time, rather than moving around. doing medium residentials, like we do, it's almost imposible to generate that kind of dough. i don't care how fast, how efficient, what you're using, it just won't happen. that is, if you are doing lawn service, in the conventional fashion. BUT, as most of you are aware, i've devised a system that now produces almost twice as many lawns cut per day, in the same amount of time as before. so, for the sake of discussion, let's use the $60 per man hour target. let's just say, you are currently meeting that goal, and your 2 man crew is grossing $960 per day . that's: 2 men x $120 per hr x 8 hrs. =$960. ok, now, if you found a way, that your same two man crew, could generate $220 per hour, would you: #1- work shorter days, make your $960 in 4.3 hrs, and enjoy the off time. #2- establish another 2 man crew, run both of the crews 8 hrs each per day, and make alot of money while generating $440 an hour. #3- lower your prices, pass some of the savings back to the customer. #4- advertise heavily, get more work, eliminate your competition by lowering your prices, while at the same time increasing your profits, ALOT, and eventually own the market in your area. what would the common lawnboy do, with a system that showed him how to almost double his daily gross, while working easier? i thought of it, and it made me think of the movie, "brucealmighty", where god gave bruce the power, and bruce couldn't handle it, he wreaked havoc, and eventually it needed to be taken away. what would you do?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

You played this game a couple weeks ago with everyone here. Dont you have anything new? Talk about old and predictable...

I really hope nobody responds to this.

3. bobbygedd

from NJ

just answer it. what would you do?

4. packerbacker

See above.......

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

see that, it's just too much for your little tiny mind to handle. you can't possibly fathom the thought of doubling your income, unless it involves working twice as hard. this is what separates guys like you, from guys like me. i don't believe i did post on this subject in the past, not where i asked for opinions anyhow. i'm really curious to see what people would do.

6. packerbacker

See ya gedd, some of us have to go to work today.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=1036517#post1036517

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

actually fool, that was not a thread asking the same question. another feeble attempt by packer to discredit me. i too, have alot to do today. i need to make $800, i should be home by 1 the latest. drive safe, and have a nice day. btw, you responded 3 times, to my thread, where u asked no one to respond. :dizzy: :dizzy: :cry: :cry: good grief!

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, my impression has always been that the $60/man-hour figure pertains only to time at the job and does not account for windshield time. If windshield time consumes a third of a day, you're down to $40/man-hour right away, assuming you're getting a buck a minute per worker on the job.

I'm doing a buck a minute on some of my jobs, not so on others. I do better than that for fertilization, so that helps, but I don't have all that many clients for fert. That's something to work on.

Obviously I'd be interested in a way to increase revenues without adding work. So, tell me...what's the secret?

9. packerbacker

Let the madness begin

[​IMG]

10. kilpatrickshrub&turf

kilpatrickshrub&turf LawnSite Member

Matters not if its a forum dedicated to lawn maintenance, basket weaving, making cookies or staring at the sun: every forum has the immature firestarter in one form or another.

Weak, shallow, illogical, and baseless arguments made just for the sake of doing so are no more than their amusement. Sooner or later all the regular posters learn to shy away from threads of these people leaving those who have yet to figure it out to bicker back and forth with them. These children are no different than the kids in grade school that would sit back and get things started between other people for no good reason. Just another way
    low self-confidence will manifest itself. No more no less.