1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

if you guys could do anything to a d-max...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deerewashed, Jul 14, 2010.

1. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

if you guys could do anything to an 06 d-max what would you do....the reason is am going to get one for an everyday truck and my first truck and dont know what to do to it...i have a work truck already so dont worry about that. i know i am going to buy an 06 but you guys can decide whether ext sb or ccsb. you can do anything to it with a budget of no more of 20 grand in accessories. this will all be done over a period of like 2 years. i really probs wont spend that much but really dont know what to to to one. i would like to off road and mud and such...also do some 1/4 mile and street stuff. also when i turn 18 i have a goal of participating in bullrun for those of you who know what that is. so i may use this truck or a suburu wrx sti that i want also.....lol i just realized i am into the toys! so if you guys could help me out on what would be a dirty setup on this truck that would be great..

engine stuff?
    all that other good stuff?

thank you if you help me....
    also the thing actually has to be drivable and you have to be able to get in it so not 12 inch lifts and stuff....

THANK YOU!!!:waving:
  2. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

i would lift it 3 to 6 inches put a 35 13.50 on it if it diesel give it a banks power pack. get a tuner for it.
  3. deerewashed

ya it would tottally be a diesal.....is 4 inches high or is that kind of weak for off roading and such? i want to to be a mean deisal and i think high is meaner then low....
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

sell it
  5. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

Get a torque converter and valve body for the transmission, get gauges in it, straight pipe it and add an intake, then get EFILive...

Don't mess with the lift BS. If you want to look good, just put a set of wheels and tires on it...
  6. deerewashed

really...dont lift it? a 4 inch lift wouldnt look good on 35's?
  7. dhunterd08

dhunterd08 LawnSite Senior Member

push it over a cliff and use the insurance money for a powerstroke
  8. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

EFI Live will make a Dirtymax $hit and get, man. If I ever had a Chevy thats the first thing I would do..straight pipe and EFI Live.
  9. scagrider22

scagrider22 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah that would be smart, because we all know how well the Powerjoke holds up!:hammerhead:
  10. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

i have had 2 duramax's. the fist was a '03 lb7 in a 4wd ext cab dually 3500. On this one all i did was change over to a 4"mbrp straight pipe exhaust and put an AFE stage 2 intake. this made a big diffrence in EGT's. also ran a superchips programmer on level 2 mostly. added boost and egt gauge and called it good. i was very happy with the performance and towing abilitythe only thing i would do diffrent would be to try to find a reg. cab long bed 3500. i don't like the extra cabs and really don't like double cabs.
    on my present truck i am running a ppe programmer on level 2. in the future i will change out the exhaust and add a egt gauge. very happy with the truck so far. it is a 4500 4wd . lifting is something i never considered. for heavy offroad i would get a designated offroad truck/buggy. the more you do to offroad it the less practical it becomes for the street.