If you had $1000 to spend at Home Depot, what would you buy...?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by biggreenlawncare, Mar 31, 2008.

1. biggreenlawncare

biggreenlawncare LawnSite Member

Assume you're starting at ground zero.

My current inventory consists of:
    Push Mower
    Trimmer
    Basic Hand Tools

I have a little Toyota Tacoma that I haul everything around in.

Pretty awesome,huh?

I'm already getting massive amounts of work opportunities and my head is spinning right now. I never anticipated getting this quantity of work this quick!

So I applied for a Credit Card at Home Dept and was approved for $1,000.

So what would you get for the "Bare Essentials". I really hope to grow my business into a successful one. I've even changed my college major to Landscape Design!

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would go to john deere and get a card there instead, then you can get some ok equipment from whips to blowers to mowers. they are a big enough company that they approve about every one. nothing from home chepo belongs on a commercial crew.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

The Echo stuff at HD should be good for you to start with. You should be able to finish getting any hand tools you may need there as well. Just stay away from any of the Poulan, Homelite, etc.

4. nautica1580

nautica1580 LawnSite Member

Home Depot is were I get all my weedeaters,edgers, blowers, trimmers, etc. Home Depot is the only major store that carries ECHO, its usually alot cheaper than your local lawnshop. Get a Trimmer SRM2100 $199.99, 413H backpack blower 299.99, and a SRM2100 edger 199.99. Start saving on the side and get a used hydro walkbehind with a sulky. This is a nice setup for someone just starting and very decent equimpment. Let me add, all those ECHO products have a 2 year warranty. Go to Ebay.com and type in Home Depot coupons and you can buy a 20% off coupon for like 5 bucks. It makes a good deal even sweeter. Good Luck and if you have any questions, ask away.

Tim

5. nautica1580

nautica1580 LawnSite Member

Best of Luck to you and your new business venture.

6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i would buy a new washer&dryer

7. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

OR even better get a card at creditcards.com with 0% apr for 12months instead a Home Depot card and maybe your limit might be higher!

8. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I would buy my stuff used and definetly use at least half of that on a used walkbehind mower. Check craigslist. Used commercial is usually better than new homeowner junk.

9. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get the highest priced Echo equipment, the most expensive blower, the SRM-230 trimmer, there 20" double side hedge trimmer and so on...
    If they allow you to use the card at Lowes, they now cary some decent Husquvarna equipment.

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

A new front door.