If you had an employee show up with these would you....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Fire them or give them a raise?

13116870842124162355_1_956041b2.jpg

2. Cam.at.Heritage

Cam.at.Heritage LawnSite Member

First Slap them in the face.... then point out to the rest of the guys how stupid Joes feet/shoes are.... then tell him to go home and come back with proper footwear.

Them probably go into the office and wonder why the F*** i get stuck with people like this

3. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

If his job that day was to jump in a pond to retrieve or fix a pump setup, then OK. But if he was diggin holes, me thinks your Workers Comp rates just went up.

4. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what they make waders for.

You don't come to work without wearing boots.

5. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I would confiscate their man card, then fire them. Unbelievable ;) and to think that person might be making decisions on your behalf... frightening.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Mmmm.... love my Chacos, Keen, and Salomons for working in irrigation. I RARELY wear boots. And yes I can use a shovel with each and every one of them. I want shoes that drain, I'm tired of stinky feet and shoes that stay wet all day long.

chaco.jpg

keen.jpg

salomon.jpg

7. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sure your injury is unrelated but you could injure yourself working in those type of shoes. Foot, knee, hip, back etc. :confused:

8. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

That's the great thing about your world Dana....you can do what you want.

Here that would be unprofessional and a huge safety violation.

Not saying you're not a pro.....

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I have a pair for running, very comfy.

Not for work though.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Knee injury was from long before using these. I could injure myself with any type of shoe or boot. Gotta pay attention to what your doing. I had an employee severely sprain his ankle on the job in 2002. Rolled the ankle on a jobsite, and had high top hiking boots on. Got nerve damage and to this day still has issues with that ankle. Safety gear is only as good as the idiot wearing it.