1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you had an employee show up with these would you....

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Aug 10, 2011.

1. S.O.Contracting

S.O.Contracting LawnSite Member

The chacos probably have better support for your feet than alot of boots.Not many sandals get a seal from doctors. Only a handful of boots on that list. http://www.apma.org/MainMenu/RecommendedProducts/SealofAcceptance/Seal-Flip-Flops.aspx

And the keens can hold their own with any pair of tennis shoes out there. I agree with Dana though keep a pair of boots and socks in the truck so if you need to change into them.
  2. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Good grief, are you a member of the AARP too.
  3. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd send him home and tell him to wear something more professional- company t-shirt (tucked in), khaki shorts/pants, belt, and boots (or sneakers with shorts only). Image is everything and I strongly believe in looking professional.
  4. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I just wear tennis shoes and when I get into muddy jobs I switch to my muck boots.

My gf made me replace my old tennis shoes as I could stick my foot through them between the sole and top part the past few weeks
  5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, what a drill Sargent, do you stand them at attention every morning? :rolleyes:
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sir!! Yes sir!!
  8. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

proper attire is paramount

9. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't see your eye Jim.
  10. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Those are about $85.

I wear Keens every day from about April - November and keep a pair of tennis shoes in the van in case I need to do something where I'll be getting a lot of loose dirt in the sandals. The Keens are fine for digging, it's the dirt getting under my feet I can't stand.

I think I look plenty professional in a button up, quick dry company logo'ed shirt, khaki shorts and the almost $100 sandals. Nobody really expects someone that's going to be working in sprinklers, walking through wet grass in 95+ degree heat (it's topped out over 100 here 11 days in a row now) to be wearing steel toes. Honestly, I don't really think steel toes make sense for a repair tech and have a real hard time coming up with a situation where having them on would save your foot at a residential or small commercial service call.