If you had no budget on a 12K lawn...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by carcrz, Jun 17, 2007.

1. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

What products would you use on your own home? I just bought a new to me home, about 12,000 sqft lawn. I'm planning on installing a system in the fall. I'll be doing it myself, after a ton of research of course (which I have started doing this week) but I thought I'd see what products are holding out the best & make sure I don't end up buying something that I'll regret down the road. I'll be using local suppliers for the products but I can get just about every product on the planet from one place or another. :cool2:

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

town water or a well?
    whats Your GPM/PSI?

3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

City water; I'll get back to you on the latter. I do know that there is more pressure in this house than any house I have ever lived in though.

4. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

at my place i used a hunter controller, rainbird 100dv valves, rainbird sprays w/rainbird nozzles with hunter rotors.

controllers are cheaply priced and cheaply made imo, just make sure it's grounded to specs, other than that usually with hunter and rainbird equipment it will last a long time if properly maintained.

5. Mjtrole

Mjtrole LawnSite Member

you can call you city/township and ask them what the static water pressure is in the city. also post your line size at the meter, the meter size and the distance (approx) from your city shutoff to your meter. or you can just save some time and ask your neighbors how many rotors they run on each zone/station.

6. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

PSI does not mean dick...do a bucket test at the largest pipe outlet you have,
    if you do it at the faucets off the house, you'll probably be under, but that's
    o.k. Using 1" mainline & 3/4" laterals, you should be o.k. I like to have 8-12
    gpm @ 50 psi @ the head for turf. Backflow? checks local regs.

8. Mike Leary

PSI does not mean dick...do a bucket test at the largest pipe outlet you have,
    if you do it at the faucets off the house, you'll probably be under, but that's
    o.k. Using 1" mainline & 3/4" laterals, you should be o.k. I like to have
    50 psi @ the head for turf. Backflow? check local regs.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

peep mike leary double posting to get his post count up..

sad.really.

10. Mike Leary

I goota run hard to stay ahead of the pup...sorry:cry: Who said Badgers?