If you had to choose between these two.

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DSLND, Dec 16, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

I have found two trucks i really like! At first, i was hooked on a regular cab, but then i test drove a extended cab and WOW, i loved it!

Heres two i am currently debating over:

Truck #1:
    -2001 Chevy 2500HD
    -105k miles
    -Rhino Bed Liner, New Tires
    -Asking $11,500 (Was going to offer $10k)

Truck #2:
    -2002 Chevy 2500HD
    -100k miles
    -New Batteries
    -Going to need new tires before next winter
    -7.5' BOSS plow, Western Tailgate Spreader
    -Asking $11.5k (Was going to offer $11k)

Heres a picture of the first truck:

Thanks!

-Mitch-

109072.jpg

2. DSLND

Second Truck:

01150101021101161420071215e8b24d66e051748d360062a7.jpg

3. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

the extended cab will treat you better, more room to throw your crap in the back...personally i would never buy a truck that has a plow already on it...but if your driver license doesn't even come until 2009 then why don't you keep your eyes open for something that has less miles

4. DSLND

I agree. I'm sort of leaning about waiting until next summer (i get my permit in February) and then purchasing a truck.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Neither. I would get an ext. cab long bed, with less miles.

6. the thing w/ extended 8ft bed manuverability becomes a much greater issue. And i can't speak for mitch, but when i go out plowing for the first time, i dont necessarily want the length of the truck to be an issue.

7. DSLND

Great Point. I was going to go look at a truck tomorrow, but it was the extended cab, long bed; WHAT A BUS! But i'm hoping to get a extended cab, short bed.

A buddy of mine has the extended cab, long bed and i will be riding a long with him this winter plowing, seeing what the difference is between that and the extended cab, short bed.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I don't see where 2 feet would be THAT big of a deal. If it is, I would get a reg cab/long bed before getting a short bed work truck. Now if it was just gonna be a personal truck, and not getting used for work a whole lot, I would get an ext. cab.

9. and mitch, where are you finding all of these trucks??? (classifieds, autotrader ebay etc...?

10. it isnt necessarily the extra 2 feet of the body itself. Its more the wheelbase, which as you get longer the turning radius gets larger and larger. However i have no personal experience plowing w/ an extended cab 8' box.