If you had to choose

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by cleancutccl, Mar 22, 2005.

1. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

This is the question I am asking myself, it seems that a lot of the yards that I am picking up could do some good with 1 or 2 blanket weed sprayings for the season, however I am now only set up for doing spot spraying with a backpack. I am licensed so nobody go that route. But the main question is because of budget I would have to pick either a skid sprayer or a pg/zspray which would you choose? The pg/zspray are more money but does the versatility and speed of the application enough to outweigh the cost?

2. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

You'll need a skid sprayer for things like fungicides, insect control, preemergents etc.

I say -- get a good skid to start with -- then if you are full bore full of customers -- get a z-spray.

3. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

i have blanketed many a 12000sf lawn with a back pack in my day

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

PG unit. one trip over the yard....dry and liquid at the same time....you can use it to spray almost anything...not sure about fungicides but I've never had a customer ask....or I should say are willing to pay for fungicides...

5. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

I chose the tank sprayer. I hope to get a PG next year.

Mike

6. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

I used to spray out of a tank. Blanketed every yard with weed killer. Then I bought a Z-spray, and cut my herbicide use by 90% just by spraying it where and when it was needed. The savings in herbicide costs alone will pay for the unit in a couple of seasons.

7. Enviro Green

Enviro Green LawnSite Senior Member

Hmmmm,

Here's the first questions:

How many clients do you have?
    How many square feet are you treating per round?
    How many rounds?

This is full time job or on the side?

Then, perhaps we can answer the other questions.