if you had to have a "real job"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 22, 2010.

1. that last line fits me to a tee at this stage of my life. When winter hits Montana and it gets too cold to tye a fly I may be back on the road again.
  2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Real job, huh?
    If I hadn't gotten into horticulture in the way I did, which is somehow what got me here, I might have done well as a plant breeder... especially in Humboldt County....

Was also interested when younger in maybe being a scientist.... anthropology/ paleontology/ archaeology... and now there are crossovers like paleobotany and ethnobotany.... but didn't know how to get there, or anyone doing those kinds of things, or how you make a living at it... but there are shovels and dirt involved...

Way back when I did an aptitude test once, maybe in junior high, I scored high in both outdoors and clerical... which to me means I like to sort and organize stuff, but would never survive chained to a desk.
  3. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

I like my current job, but sometimes I am jealous of my brother. This week he is going to fly a helicopter for a video game company that wants to take a real helicopter in action and animate it. He has to fly crazy around Los Angeles for a few days as they film it. Sounds better then adjusting rotors.
  4. But does he have a Sprinter?
  5. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for cheering me up fimco. I am also better looking.
  6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I'm with ya. our house is on the market right now. we've had 47 couples through the house in 2 weeks not a single offer. my wife and I have looked through about 2 dozen homes. if our house doesn't sell we can't buy and our agent gets zippo..
  7. Out of curiousity only have you stuck with your price or dropped it? One thing I noticed different between Dallas and CO and MT is that in Dallas prices get slashed until the home reaches a price that sells. I'm talking 10,000 or more. at a certain price a home will sell. In CO I was looking at a house that was listed at 150,000 for three months then they dropped the price to 148,500. It was a joke to me. They needed to drop it to 135,000.
  8. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I want to be the host of "river monsters"! I think i would kill for that job.
  9. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

I think my dream job would be work and play at some of those clothing optional places like desire, hedonism. Ol well enough dreaming back to chasing earthworms.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic