if you had to have a "real job"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 22, 2010.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

glad somebody got it :laugh::laugh:

2. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.realestateshows.com/show.php?mls=basic&id=529916&resize=1&ref=4

Fico we are @ 499990. if we sell it for that we cash out after closing with 350 in our pocket. We have been on the market for 2.5 weeks no need to lower the price the only complaints from our survey of the agents was the main level is "too closed in" well it was built int he 70's, open floor plans in a colonial were not the norm, and the back yard has no grass, its all trees. grass wont grow in a forest, but behind my home is an HOA park with 5 acre open grass field... so you get the benefit of a big yard without having to pay for and maintain it... for the Dc area its an entry level single family home..sitting on 1/2 acre...

We are just looking to move up to the 800K range a bit more land and bit newer of a home...so we are not in a situation where we HAVE to sell...If we found "the house" and it was priced lower than we expected to pay then we could always drop our price to stimulate a quick sale.. But at 500K we are right on the cusp of being low...in that we have no wiggle room for negotiating...

3. If you had 47 showings in 3 weeks then that home is going to sell close to your asking price. When you said 47 showings I was thinking several months. Realtors tend to hold the price on their own homes 30-60 extra days longer than they recommend to their clients. You know the math. a drop of 20,000 to you isn't a huge chunk of the realtor's commission.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I like that line, you either gotta have a horse or a motorhome to make the commute. :clapping:

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i tried a couple of town jobs as a kid, has the feel of wearing two left boots. robert duvall doesn't speak words, he tells tales and truisms, reflects upon life and death, courage and cowardliness.

we are fortunate to still have him active in both theater and the big screen when so many talented actors have passed on in recent years, the best part of not having a tv is that when i choose to watch something i savor the art or i don't watch it. i do like a good movie.

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I figure Hugh Hefner has a pretty interesting job. He's getting up there in age. I was thinking of applying when he retires.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

yeah but every dollar we drop means we have to drop the price of the home we hope to buy that same amount...

We decluttered it pretty good...I may pull the china cabinet and entertainment center just to "open" it up a bit..but Id have to put it in storage...which cost money...

8. Go check out the Leary thread and find my post on his 55 years of winning job applicants.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder what happened to Barbie Benton and Christa Speck? :clapping:

10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010