if you had to have a "real job"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 22, 2010.

1. You sweating a little on the giants greg? I sure hope tx closes it out tonight.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Full time firefighter

Or a hunting guide.

Both?

Cowboy\rancher?

Someplace with less people. And mountains. And lots of snow. And cold. I hate summer.

3. Cajun Cleanin'

Cajun Cleanin' LawnSite Member

Stuntman in the entertainment business.The adult entertainment business that is.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Last night was a disappointment... Dumb call by the empire when Halladay was batting allowed the runner to advance to third, setting up the tying run... at least that's how I remember it... Combination of good plays and dumb errors on both sides, but what really put away the fans zeal was the three up/ three down pitching in the bottom of the 8th. Madson was pitching I think.

Anyway, on to Game 6...

Drizzling out there today... just enough to get clothes and tools and parts irritatingly wet when doing outdoor lighting. Went shopping for job materials and doing office work instead.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

changed the water at 1 pasture, have 2 more on tomorrow, rain is on it's way gregg.

the manager at the redding ewing store and i looked at some warranty issues on a cycle stop, parts will be here asap, both of the ewing stores in my area are great to work with as is the normac shop in redding.
    :waving:

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Do you use the brass or plastic versions? I've not had any luck with the plastic ones. Starting to feel like winter around here.

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

brass, ewing is pulling a unit from phoenix and they'll send the return unit to the factory.

so far, so good. :waving:

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Bummed about our local Ewing. They built and opened a second store here last year, and now they are closing the original one. The new store is absolutely not convenient for me. I can buy our main stuff from the new place and keep it stocked at the shop, but there are always loose ends stuff that we need once in a while. I guess I'll have to use JDL once in a while again, as it is two blocks from the closing store. Not happy.

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

customer loyalty is earned, they have worked hard to gain you as a true blue customer and now they screw all of that up by moving the friggin store, dana, you can't have nothin nice either.............................

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

They're still a class act in my book. Just now it's inconvenient for me and my #1 tech. Tech #2 lives fairly close though. It's a corporate decision, and there are reasons they are closing this one. No different than when I have to get rid of customers or cut out areas of town that we won't go to anymore. Instead of us buying 100% from them next year, it might be 90-95% now. Probably means I order more quantity in the spring and store it at the shop and my house. Not that I'm a big volume buyer anyway.