if you had to have a "real job"

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Oct 22, 2010.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

I'd like to have been a marine archaeologist, offshore fishing guide or work on a ranch in the mountains somewhere. None of those jobs pay all that much though, and I have a family so I live where I can earn a good living and do what I have to to earn it. If I was single, things would be different.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Ewing took over space from another distributor here on the west side of the valley a few years ago and it's a lot closer to high end residential than its other branch about 10 or 12 miles away, which is closer to all the high tech industrial parks.

I used to do a lot of business at the store #3, but I now make all my Ewing purchases at #166.

3. Autoflow

Autoflow LawnSite Member

I'd probably be a History/Geography teacher if I wasn't a tradie. I've always been interested in that sort of stuff but I probably wouldn't last as a teacher anyway. The first kid that really annoys me would probably cop a beating and I'd lose my job.

I love being my own boss...

4. Buck_wheat

Buck_wheat LawnSite Senior Member

Ever since I saw Annette Funatelo on MM club, I've always wanted to be a young girls bicycle seat :rolleyes: .

All the fun notwithstanding, I've been out to the Arlington Cemetery many times... Basic @ on the Island, then shipped so far West I was East, DEROSED after a stint @ Quantico & a few liberties in Georgetown!

I used to run the Marine Corps Marathon starting from the cemetary every year until a (non running) injury knocked me down and off track.

It is not merely a cemetery, it is a place that is holy and sacred. I was always sobered by the thought of all those men who sacrificed all for us. I don't recall a time when my eyes would not swell up with tears looking at the regimented white marble stones... and so I ran for them.

Being the caretaker of those sacred grounds could never be just a job, it has to be a divine appointment to maintain those grounds perfectly so as to preserve the honor, pride and commitment of those who paid the price to lay there.

Anything less would be a sacrilege.

Semper Fidelis

5. Buck_wheat

Well then don't come to S. Florida, it's hot and has no mountains (lot's of molehills). But many people don't know this is cattle country. Okeechobee County & most of Central Florida is all ranch; horse, cattle, produce, ornamentals, etc. In the dry season LOT's of fire's to put out (also lot's of irrigation work).

There are a couple of large game private hunting preserves out there also the Pinko's don't know about yet. PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals :laugh:

Why you could do it all; Fire Fighter/Cowboy/Rancher/Hunting guide; You could be all of the Village People rolled into one... just don't bring your down jacket & ski's.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

How about saying "a young woman's" and it might not seem creepy.

7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

It's creepy, period.

[​IMG]

8. Buck_wheat

OK that's creepy ^
    ||

-

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing wrong with young womans , young girls makes one think " uncle pedophile"