If you had to pick a used 36" wb which one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpt87gn, Dec 10, 2009.

1. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

If you had to get a used 36"or 32" wb probably belt drive (cant afford a dual hydro)low hours as your main mower for mainly small residentail lawns mostly bermuda and st augustine in san antonio texas
    which one would you get An Exmark ,Scag ,Toro ,Quick ,Bobcat or Ferris or other
    what do you recommend thank you for your help

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Whatever the good deal is. They are all good as long as you buy a good commercial machine. They all use the same types of engines, and not to much can go wrong on a belt drive.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It will all be personal preference. Make sure you have a dealer around you for the brand you buy and make sure that dealer is good too. You also may like the controls on one brand, better than another. Some mowing decks also cut a little better than others or perform better than others under certain conditions. Any major brand will work fine for you.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I know the Scag belt drives are solid so I wouldn't hesitate on buying used. Not familiar with the others.

5. vharman4

vharman4 LawnSite Member

i would seriously consider getting a hydro if it is going to be your main mower. you could prob find a pretty decent deal on a used one. i personally run all scag wb's and they are all solid as a rock.

6. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

Like the others have said, you can't go wrong with any of the major brands. I'm partial to Toro and always have been because of local dealer support. I picked up a 2005 Toro 36" walkbehind last fall and it has been a rock solid mower.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Any of those brands should do you fine, just make sure you find a mower that has low hours and has been taken care of. For example, my Exmark 36" has everything I could want in a belt drive, Kaw 420V electric start, had less than like 150 hours, was maintained perfectly. I paid $500. Just be patient and make sure the mower meets your wants. Good Luck

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I recommend the Quick 36" single hydro machine ... since you said that you can't afford a dual hydro drive !!

9. cpt87gn

cpt87gn LawnSite Member

thank you for the great info
    feel free to keep commenting

10. Jhill19

Jhill19 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

What is your price range if you don't mind me asking?