1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you had to relocate your business, where would you choose to go??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Oct 8, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on how well my business does in the next 3-4 years, i want to sell out and go to another part of the country...where, Im not sure. Possibly new england, maybe chicago, toying with floridia. Search criteria includes an area that has alot of excellent professional type companies, decent amount of snow fall, preferably heavily wooded area, and (here is the kicker) excedingly high per capita income. I would prefer cool season grasses, and nice hilly terain(for personal reasons).

Which brings me to my question, if you were forced to relocate your business, where would you go, and why??? Any areas come to mind based on my criteria?
  2. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

North Pole
    No competition
    One big business I can think of up there
    Lots of snow
  3. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:blob3: Don't come to Florida-- no snow, no high income.
  4. Lawnalternatives

Lawnalternatives LawnSite Member

Oxford, Ohio.
  5. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

Oxford Ohio! I'm loving it. :D :D
  6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeremy, please tell me you are kidding me. There is alot of work here, but nothing to suport the elitist company i am wanting to develope.
  7. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Does Aspen CO. have a non snow season. If it does that should cover all your needs, I have never been there but from I see in mags and T.V
  8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Northern California. Lots of money and expensive real estate. Moderate weather and gentle rolling terrain. Watch out for the earthquakes though...the terrain really starts to roll at times. No snow fall but who needs that anyway.
  9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

New Mexico. Because it's a dry heat.

10. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

MacLawnCo I thought about moving back up to oxford but Doug at shademakers, and Oxford Lawn Care doing so well I think it would be to hard to get work.

But Like Trex said Aspen is cool we lived near aspen when my wife was in college there is lots of money, Lots of Grass, Lots of Snow. Work all year round