If you had to replace all of your gas hedge trimmers weeks t would it be?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by supercutz, Feb 13, 2014.

1. the3ps

the3ps LawnSite Silver Member

sthil.......

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Redmax. We have great luck with echo backpacks and string trimmers but for some reason we have terrible luck with the 3 echo hedge trimmers we have had.

3. ExmarkBoy

ExmarkBoy LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Stihl will last you forever. If it were me, I would do so in a heartbeat. I love my stihl equipment. Though my dealer seems to like RedMax, and I will agree that they appear to be fairly good, though I don't know how well they last because I've never used one personally. Though I am going to buy some RedMax to test this summer.

4. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

I would get all Echo even though I already have all Echo Hedge trimmers. I would get Stihl but I went to buy one from Ace Hardware but the brand new hedge trimmer off the shelf wouldn't start! I don't know I could trust it to run and perform for my yards so I went with Echo.

5. Bayscape2014

Bayscape2014 LawnSite Member
    from 02190

redmax blowers are powerful

6. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

In the double-sided department there's no contest. Stihl HS81T wins hands down. Reasons: dedicated hedger engine (light), upfront exhaust pipe, high blade speed, needle-bearing conrods, swivel handle, low profile and overall weight. It's simply the best on the market right now.

As for single-sided units I think Shindaiwa's HT254 is the clear winner. Whilst heavier, the 4-stroke is something you can live with when rioting under your nose. Again full-bearing supported gearbox, conrods and chrome-plated blades.

Also very good in both areas is Maruyama.

What not to get: Stihl's HS45 and Echo HC-150.

7. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Hc150 are good trimmers! I run that and I also run a pas230 with an articulated hedge trimmer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Not impressed with echo hc 150, most likely shindaiwa ttrimmer.bought the stihl back pack , the most "powerful" 1 sucks so I'm turned off to stihl now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Cascio05

Cascio05 LawnSite Member

I have had stihl,echo and shindaiwa all are pretty good but the best set of trimmers i have used is the maruyamas.

10. Bayscape2014

Bayscape2014 LawnSite Member
    from 02190

I use the Stihl trimmers and am very happy.