1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

If you own a Husqvarna weed wacker read this....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Apr 4, 2010.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 223L which is mostly the same as the other models. I started it up and it shocked my elbow which has happen for the last year of the 3 or 4 years that I owned it. Well I pull the plug boot off and the freakin spark plug wire snaps off like a hot knife through butter!! The metal coil thing was still on the spark plug. Cheap rubber insulation!! Prolly from the heat. Well I go to the dealer that I love and the warranty was 4 days old!! He still did it under warranty!!

Just be careful pulling the wire boot off when changing the plugs. This is the first problem I have ever had but I still love there weed wackers.
  2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Never had that problem with my Husq. trimmers. I do have an Echo gas powered back pack sprayer and the switch will shock you to death if you touch it worng.
  3. morgaj1

morgaj1 LawnSite Senior Member

The same thing happened to me last year when I was working on my father's old 40 model Husqvarna chainsaw.
  4. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I had that problem on my 223L`s but I cant recall having that problem with the 326`s. Atleast they fixed it! gota love having a Good Dealer!!
  5. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

The problem was the design. The wire and the boot that connects to the plug is too short!! I notice that when I bought the trimmer 4 years ago. They couldn't extend it to another 2MM to the plug!!
  6. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

I've shocked myself many times testing spark and getting my equipment started after a winter lay-off. I HATE it.
  7. Flatop

Flatop LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up. have not been shocked yet but I have using my Echo 230.
  8. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

i used an old ryobi ss30 for a long time.. after a day of trimming i would have several little red burn marks on my forearm where the plug had bitten me.. but same thing slapped on a new boot no problem til it wore off again
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That elbow zapper's got some kick to it, don't it?