If you use doubles, what is your favorite combo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Sep 3, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats your most workable, and most productive combination of doubles that doesnt leave mounds of grass and picks up leaves very well?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Grass double high lifts/ Leaves rapters+ Einsteins.

3. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you have a pic of rapter and einstein blades? never seen them or heard of them

4. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Good post I was wondering the same thing. Right now I use the origonal high lifts the mulch blades that came with my Metro HP but after yesterday I noticed a few stringers only on one pass though. They have not left but one small clump in some real thick grass (going to fast)but they don't do much but push the leaves.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I will tonight, But i'm having a hard time finding the rapters?
    john

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Reverse gator (like J-Thomas has) over a reguler lift blade. Double high lifts are good for striping but I do not like them because they suck a LOT of power and really slow you down in tall/wet grass unless you have a lot of power for your deck.The Gator/Regular combo works well for me, the 17hp/52" is enough power, yesterday I mowed real tall sopping wet grass with it no problem at about 4.5mph. If it's dry I can go about full speed in most conditions. I am sure double high lifts are good in other conditions than mine, and with more power. But my all around favorite is gator over regular.

7. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Gator over regular lift. With no anti-blowout baffle on my Surfer the high lift under gator is too much. BTW what is an einstein blade? First I've heard of them.

8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Einstein and Raptor blades are like a reverse Gator (wings point out not in like on a genuine Gator) as sold in J-thomas. They are maybe alittle different, not sure, but perhaps the biggest difference is just that they are sold by different companies.

9. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, gotcha' I have some Raptors and didn't really like them as much as Gators; they didn't seem to mulch as well or discharge as well. Who sells the Einsteins?

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Rotary and PrimeLine sell these types of blades, but I don't remember which ones sell which. I think PrimeLine sells Razorback blades which are also another name for these things.