1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

If You Wer Buying New 1st Time?????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by afftandem, Jan 5, 2005.

1. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

WHAT WOULD YOU BUY?..... im goin to be doing residential lawns this coming season, each about 1/3 to 1/2 an acre.. i think 60" is too much.. i like 52"s... im also looking for a walk behind about 36 or wright's 36 stander.... mainly it seems as though exmark, toro, and (perhaps) the wright sentar are the best riders.... does exmark make the best walk behind??? whats the opinions on the other riders and wb's?? encore?? ferris?? JOHN DEERE???
    what will give me the best quality cut... for those with the bigger riders, 48" plus, have you had any slack about bringing them on your customers lawns??... remember, im targeting $300k plus homes.. are thes customers more apt to complain about bigger mowers on their lawns???? does the wright stander (even though 52") look less intimidating to customers????
    HELP! first big mower buy.. thank you.

2. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

get a walker with 2 decks, 42 inch mulch and 42 bagger, it get u into most back yards and the quality of cut will blow your customers away

3. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

:dizzy: WOW! I forgot the question.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

48 Belt drive

Start out simple.

Not sure if he has a 9k budget for the Walker with a couple of decks.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

give us an idea on how much you want to spend.

6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I have a E-Mark walk behind Turf Tracer HP w/ a 48'' floating deck w/a stripeing kit...........does a awesome job,am always geting coments on how good the LAWN looks!

7. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a bob-cat 219 with a 52" deck and i love it. it is very reliable and has a great cut.