If you were building your own custom trailer....

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by FrankenScagMachines, Aug 18, 2004.

1. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Frankenscag! I love that Ford! It has magic in it, the older the more alluring! It seems to be a very very nice setup, great work. I can not use any trailer longer than 10' cause it won't fit my garage, besides I have a 16' boat too.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

LOL thanks. no one ever said that before! It's a great work truck, i love it for mulching and anything hauling. It's very good for towing too, with a 7.5 liter. Only thing, it's a bit hard on gas. about 6.5-7 mpg in town with trailer and 8-9 on highway w/ or w/o trailer.

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I have an idea for this. Send me an email, eric@cuttingedgelawncare.biz and i'll tell you about it.

4. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

The custom trailer that I am having built right now is a combination enclosed and open trailer. It is 18' long, 14,000# gvwr tandem axle flatbedd made of 5" channel. The front 6' is an enclosed trailer with a side ramp and the back 12' is an open trailer with 3' removeable sides and a 4' removeable gate.

This fits my needs as a solo-op very well. One trailer to keep equipment and small machinery safe and secure while also allowing a space for me to haul mulch and other bulks. I should get the trailer in three weeks --- I am looking forward to it.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

What about a breakaway switch for the brakes?>>

By the way, make the trailer as short as possible, or you'll be tempted to buy more stuff because you have room on your trailer.

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Hamons, sounds pretty nice. Yes, my trailer is built to fit my needs too. It's gonna be a great feeling eh? We can be excited about our trailers together!! LOL.

LwnmrMan- ya i got a breakaway switch already too. The front 6' will be taken for tool storage and debris box, so it's really only got 16' for equipment. It will be pretty full :)