If you were starting over and could get one ZTR, which would it be?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cutworm, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Cutworm

Cutworm LawnSite Member

Thought I would rephrase the question and see if I could get some responses. You can also choose walk-behinds etc,
    Thanks!

2. bladeheart

bladeheart LawnSite Member

There is a wealth of information if you use the search function. However, I personally think that any of the name brand mowers would work. I use a snapper 25hp kawi. with a 61 inch cut. It works great for me, and the price was right. I will be buying a diesel kabota in the spring but they are quite a bit more money. But then again, you get what you pay for.

Try the search function it really works well.

Have a good day,
    Ryan

3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

If I was going to get back in I think I'd get Walkers becuase out here most want clippings bagged and Walkers have a lot of attachments. Exmark or Encore for a walk behind.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'd get exactly what I bought in 2001... A Dixie Chopper. It has been literally flawless since the day I bought it. It's extremely easy to operate, comes from the factory with an OCDC, easy on maintenance, fits in my trailer, pulls a 2,000 pound load. I could go on and on.

5. bamacutter

bamacutter LawnSite Member

Can't beat a walker. Best mower in America.

6. Andyinchville2

Andyinchville2 LawnSite Member

Exmark for walk behinds, Ferris for Zero turns....If I could only have 1 mower I would have to go with a Exmark 48 TTHP wih std pistol grips and the 17 HP Electric Stark Kawi.
    (I do more smaller yrads than bigh yards)
    Andrew

7. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Same as now.... Hustler Super Zs and Exmark Turf Tracers

8. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Walker No. 1 in my area, and I love them :blob3:

9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Z Master.

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Dang fine question... But heck I dunno... I've asked myself the same questions a few times over the years and every time I gave myself a different answer. A time or two I even said I woudn't have bought one at all. But the same select ZTR's are always in the mix...