1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

If your toilet breaks...........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Rons Rightway Lawncare

Rons Rightway Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to tell my customers the cold hard truth sometimes, but screw it... I would have just mowed right over it.

I have customers with dog crap in their yards. I don't like it, but I mow over that too.... Again, it is not worth losing a customer over this. If it was a hundred piles of crap in a tiny yard I might say something, but I have yet to have it that bad.

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

if i was still on the mower yeah but if everything was packed up no way also i run peoples stuff over out of their beds all the time only if its just the plant itself no big roots or dirt

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

A classic, one that I must remember :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Ida mowed it.
    Most places here are sandy anyway...... a little more can't hurt that much.
    Lower the throttle to keep from sucking up the big ones.
    It would probably be a mess afterward.....but that comes back to the rule of nacho.........
    nacho problem:laugh:

5. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

It depends on how big the clumps were... more than a fist, forget it, she can pick it back up.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I would have done just as Matt did.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

He handled it just perfect.

8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

He should have cut over it then crapped on the lawn and asked her to clean it up.

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Why make more stress for yourself.

10. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

I may be wrong but remember a thread where a rep. from pro-lockers used a sarcastic analogy to a customers problem. He was tore a new one by everyone one here. Matt did the same thing. That lady did a bad thing by assuming he would make everything perfect with his mower but there are more professional ways to deal with a problem like that. Don't get me wrong, heck, I would be proud if I said that to one of my customers. Yet, what kind of impression did I just leave?