If your trailer or truck doesn't dump, would you...

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Cigarcop, Oct 8, 2005.

1. lwcmattlifter

lwcmattlifter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I have to second the pallet trick. As long as you go slow it works every time.

2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I never thought of driving out. I've always tied it to the mower but I don't always have a mower with me. Thats an awesome tip. Thanks!

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

How much weight can you do this with if it's in the trailer. I know it must depend on the ground and traction, but on dirt with a 4x4 how much do you think you could pull out? How much with a 4x2?

4. S3Scooter

S3Scooter LawnSite Member

I know this is an old thread, but I have the 20 hp Billy Goat trailer mount loader, and it packs those leaves in their so tight that I dont think any of those options would work. I tried turning the loader around, and the leaves were so tight, that it could not budge them.

I did it last year like that, and I am trying to outfit my dump trailer this year.

Scott

5. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

you guys might make fun but when i was in high school me and a buddy took a job building a retaining wall. i excavated the back and hauled of the extra dirt and he built the wall
    well it was a driveway from hell, about 300 feet long stright up hill (really steep). well i didn't have a dump truck so i took a sheet of 3/4 plywood and screwed 3 landscape timbers to the bottom of it and made a sled. i drilled holes in the end of the timbers and hooked a chain in there. well when we got it loaded i would take it to a friends house(on a farm) and i would back down a hill and hook the chain to a hill and pull up ontill the sled was touching the ground but still had the front on the back bumper of the truck then i would back up and it would flip the sled over the pile so i didn't have to dig it out. worked really well i think we hauled 15-20 loads like that.
    oh the good ole days when i could pull stuff like that and didn't get weird looks from customers

6. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen those Loadhandler things before and seriously considered buying one. I was just afraid they were one of those As Seen ON TV Gimmicks. May need to rethink that one now that I've actually heard from someone who has used one!

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have a Load Handler......I bought it to bring topsoil home for filling in along my new driveway. I have unloaded 6-7, 3000lbs+, loads of dirt without any issues. It works great..... It is not a tool I will use alot, but it very functional....

My next load will be firewood....

Ebay ...$136.00
    Derek