Ihave Trailer Problems

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SPENCER HUNTER, Oct 9, 2007.

1. SPENCER HUNTER

SPENCER HUNTER LawnSite Member

MY RUNNING LIGHTS ARE NOT WORKING,,ON MY TRAILER MY TURNING,,BRAKES AND FLASHER,,, LIGHTS ARE WORKING,, WHAT GIVES? I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS:confused:

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

very first thing check your truck...first fuses...then see if you have power to the hitch in the back...if you have all that the trailer is nothing but wires you have a problem somewhere....good luck

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Check your ground to the truck. No proper ground can make the lights do wierd things. If you use the ball to the hitch as a ground it can get corroded and not work. Put a direct wire on to test it. Quick and easy to check first.

4. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

My problem is just the opposite. Running lights work, but turn and brake lights don't. I have power all the way to the lights. Could the bulb be bad and the running lights still work?

5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

Hey check and make sure you are grounded well. If you are not you will have running lights but when you hit the brakes or signal you will lose your lights. I have also seen this in reverse both times it was the ground.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

These lights are very simple they have a power lead then a ground lead in some cases only one wire to them as the ground is via a metal mounting plate around the mounting hole. Check to make sure your ground is good and that the bulbs are good.

7. "Ground Control"

"Ground Control" LawnSite Member

Are you using an adapter? I had the same problem a few months ago. My trailer is a 4flat and my truck is a 7round so I use an adapter and one of the pins in the adapter was loose and got pushed in so the turn signals stopped working. Just a thought.