Ihi cl35

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by finegrade, Oct 21, 2008.

1. finegrade

finegrade LawnSite Member

Anyone seen this machine? I operated one for an hour and was surprised with its pushing power, its a nice piece..
    IHI makes some quality equipment

Finegrade

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Never heard of it, you have to share some pictures and some specs.

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

If it's a CTL, I'll bet my third nut it's an IHI branded Kummagusta skid steer.

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Of Junk

I've never really heard any good thing about those machines. I have every kind of equipment dealer where I live, from Liebherr to doosan, to kobelco, to cat to Deere and there are no dealers or support for those machines that I know of.

I'd go with a more common brand name.
    can't go wrong with a takie!

5. finegrade

Here it is,

spec 35.gif

6. finegrade

Chris,

You have a point there but I did'nt say I would buy one, after running it, I see how many new manufacturers are coming on board with CTLs.
    It does'nt hurt to know whats out there, they are new to CTLs but more players could be better for end users like us...

Finegrade

7. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I thought you were talking about the mini Excavators. I never new they had a skid steer.

Is it just me or does that machine really look like a takeuchi with a different color? I know some things are different but looks at the U/C... exactly the same as a tak 130.

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's a Takeuchi, but I hate the paint scheme, YUCK!

And the rear radiator guard is really weak.

9. jefftb

jefftb LawnSite Senior Member

Ewww Gawd IHI paint schemes are horrible.....

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Actually it has nothing to do with TK or Komatsu. I spoke with the company out of E-town, Ky. about them this Spring. They (IHI) looked at what the market offered and built a CTL. They obviously took a lot of TK, but the machine is their own. I had an IHI excavator for about 5 years. It was a very well built machine. The dealer support was excellent. Anything that I need from KY, was overnighted. When I was looking for bigger excavator IHI flew me to E-town to demo their 80NX. Great people, and quality equipment. I would have no problem buying another IHI product. I think their control package on their excavators is second to none.