Ihi nx-55

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by queen of spades, Mar 21, 2010.

1. queen of spades

queen of spades LawnSite Member

2. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

Not bad for first time operating one. Doesn't look like youre accomplishing much tho! haha

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I subscribed!

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

The IHI machines are decent. They are not as refined as some of the other machines but they are less expensive as well. I would not be afraid to purchase one.

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

You have funny colored dirt.:) It looks like you had a pretty good size bucket on there.

6. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Machine looks pretty quick although I'm not sure what you were trying to do unless you were just putting it thru its paces. If you were doing a job then you need a better plan of attack to minimize wasted movement and partly full buckets

7. queen of spades

queen of spades LawnSite Member

I graded my garage foundation with the IHI, but by the time this video was taken most of the work was already done. I moved around 50 cubic yards of material starting friday. Just cleaing up the perimeter in the video. That's a 36" bucket.

8. AWJ Services

from Ga

I thought all dirt was red.:drinkup:

That stuff gets everywhere and stains everything.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I am so lucky because it's mainly sandy here. It can rain and if there isn't any black dirt you can work through it unlike clay. That one wall we did it was clay but whiteish and I had one project years ago that was kinda blueish stuff.

That IHI swung that 36" bucket pretty good. Kaiser had an IHI and it sounded like he was happy with it.

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here the soil has Iron in it which makes it red.
    It is amazzing how complicated soil is.
    I was digging at a friends house and there was a section of the yard that the water table was about 6 foot deep. Not really abnormal but within 40 foot of that spot on either side the water table was about 30 inches. This is a very low area that is all sand.