IL Pesticide Applicator License

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by blade11, Jan 26, 2002.

1. blade11

blade11 LawnSite Member

Hey all--

Just thought I might drop a few lines to ask if anyone has taken the IL pesticide applicator license test. i am getting ready to take it this coming week and was looking for some insight. i have the study materials and have been told that any safety issues are hot test topics. thanks in advance!

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just took the exam in Pa and yes...a good portion of the core exam questions were related to saftly. The catagory 7 test I took (turf) had about 80% insect related questions.

3. BFreiburger

BFreiburger LawnSite Member

I took the Illinois test last year, General standards and Turf.

Wasn't the toughest test I had ever taken but pay attention to the math and review the labels section closely.

Good luck.

4. I need to take this test in Il as I want to expand to the bi state area.

Illinois is a 25 min drive from me.

Won't happen till next season.

5. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Lawngodfather, I know this is a old thread, But your best opratunity to take the IL. test will be next January in Collinsville. Other then that you will have a farther drive. If you need to know exact dates, email me and I'll look it up. I plan on takeing the test then also. I'm located in Belleville. Collinsville has this test twice a year and the last one just took place in April.

Does anyone know If you have to be licensed to apply straight Fert. in Illinois. I sub out all my Apps. right now, But I would like to start applying my own Seed starter and Fert apps. I have never bothered before because I was getting such a deal from a reletive that worked for one of the Big company's. But he's not doing it anymore and my new Sub charges alot more.

Soupy

6. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Soupy,

IL does not currently require an app license to apply stright fert, but you must post a fert app (flag with your company name, phone number and notice of app). Weed & Feed does require a license.

jim

7. mowbetterlawns

mowbetterlawns LawnSite Member

I was wondering if as of 2009 you still do not need an applicators license to apply weed n feed on a clients lawn in Illinois? Also if anyone has a list f dates or locations for Illinois applicators test?