1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

iliagnis...did I spell that right?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Guardian, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

What would happen if I let iliagnis keep growing....but trimmed the sides? I would like to see it get taller and form a barrier. My concern is that the top would just sag.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
  2. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

did you mean "PAIN IN THE AGNUS" yes tou can trim any way ya want uo to about 10 feet. did i mention you can trim the foot long shoots every week? hence my name for it
  3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the one you are referring to is: Elaeagnus.
  4. chargincharlie5

chargincharlie5 LawnSite Member

dont u meen ugly agnes disney world grows alot of that and it gets pretty big
  5. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

Elaeagnus is fast growing and you should have no problems with it getting tall enough. But, in my area it's very prone to disease. As others have mentioned it is a pain in the butt. Depending on location and desired look it can be very high maintenance. There are other options which require less maintenance and also have better curb appeal.