I'll ask this question again, more clearly this time

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bill8379, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

If pesticides are banned, does that negate the need for a skid sprayer?

Currently we can spray for weeds but Ontario just banned them and I'm sure that will come West over the next few years. I am thinking of buying a skid sprayer for next spring because I made decent money with a ShurFlo electric back pack this spring. I'm just not sure if it will be the same gig if we have to go organic.

In another thread someone suggested starting to ween customers to organic now and start learning new rules. We do have an organic company here and they do have skid sprayers but who knows what they are really spraying.

2. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I am organic-based and the fertilizer that I am currently using is a liquid. Actually the only granular I use is my traditional ferts for my traditional customers. Everything else is liquid.

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

i use my 200 gal space saver , in majority now a days
    to spray bolster

4. DeepGreenLawn

that is what I have. I am using it right now for weed control but will be switching it over probably tomorrow for ferts. It is a new rig I got this year. I am currently rebuilding an older 100 gal tank that I plan on using for my pre-m/weed killer.

5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Good info. I was worried the truck mount would be wasted if they put on a ban.

6. DeepGreenLawn

it doesn't have to be. There are granular and liquid organic ferts. Just whatever fits your fancy.