I'll cut any city lot $19.95

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfman59, Dec 20, 2002.

1. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Just either had a good idea or a brain f*rt. What would you think of a low price point mowing co. You use a S-10 with out box sides and a modified ramp on the back. The mower of choice would be a walkbehind, this venue would cater to landlords and low end rentals or even economically challenged. Kind of the Earl Scheib of mowing lawns, any city lot would refer to a lot typically 66' by 132' or what ever the typical markets props are, this price would start at $19.95 which does not include mowing or trimming that would be negotiated in addition. doesnt that price point sound attractive, it seems some people probably have less than manicured lawns and only want to keep up with local ordinance enforcement against noxious weeds.....

NO FLAMES PLEASE

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

So this $19.95 price tag does not include mowing and/or trimming. What is it you do for $19.95...say hello and shake the guys hand only?

I might be a little slow at the switch here, still, I'm :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Maybe I'm missing something...I'm leaning towards the brain fart thing.

However any does not mean any now does it?

Exactly what does the $19.95 include if mowing is not included??? :dizzy: Sounds like a big brain fart....I'll mow for $19.95 but it does not include mowing...wow I bet they will be lining up!

Here is a simular topic:
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=360&highlight=aol

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Ray...thought the first signs of senility were setting it. Glad it wasn't me though, LOL

5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You are dreaming my friend. That's what we live for!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You're post is a little confusing also. Are you back from happy hour already? Are you going to cut it for $20 or look at it?

Actually, if you think it will work, go for it. I don't live anywhere close to an area like you describe. The areas I service are all fair sized that put me at a $35 minimum charge. Pretty much every property is at least 30 minutes work including a little trip time and loading/unloading.

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

And I am sure that your price does not include mowing or trimming, which is negotiated prices as well.......:D Just kidding Randy

Glad I am not alone at being lost at this post. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

7. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

hehehe.................hum........................fart!...................whew..........

8. Nick

Nick Banned

just stick to lawn sprinkling as per your biography. Whatever this services may be, who knows.:dizzy:

9. I guess the world is just full of lawn choppers:dizzy:amazin

10. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Okay, are you saying you will do a crappy job mowing, and just mowing, cause some people just want the grass cut to the point where city officials wont jump on thier azz?
    Since I think thats what your saying, let me say that you can get yourself in a lot of trouble doing that. People will do thier best to jip you, so say instead, "Will cut any city lot starting at $20" I think that would be better.
    Oh yeah, and with the $19.95 thing, dont do that. I charged some people that one time, thinking I would get more lawns if I made it look like they were paying less, (five cents, come on) and the lady would always hand me a ten, a five, four ones and three quarters, and two dimes. Seriously. She wouldnt just pay me $20. she saved a grand total of $1 this year, cause I only mowed it 20 times. Isnt that ridiculous?

:cool: