I'll Pay For Logo Help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravelyGuy, Nov 24, 2006.

1. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I was reading through another thread about logo help and I need some my self. I have signs for my truck and trailer and I have uniforms, but none of them have a logo on them. They just have my business name. The name of my business is Green Care Lawn Service. I figured this would be short, sweet, and easy to remember. I just told you the name so you would know it, but I don't want it to be in my logo. My uniforms, signs, etc. are black and lime green. I have tried making a logo at school in photoshop, but my computer skills are seriously lacking. I want a professional, uncomplicated logo. I'm open for anything, but preferably no pictures. Any help greatly appreciated.:)

2. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you not want your name in your logo.

3. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Because I don't know that I will stick with my current name.

Thanks...

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

if your unsure of your business name your not ready for a logo. A logo is the business identity. Have a business plan and a list of what you like and think your company is about and how you want the public to perceive you. With this info a designer can begin to sketch some ideas, but as of now your way too vague.

To be a smart @ss I was going to post the Nike "swoosh" and say here ya go, but I refrained;)

5. Clear-Cut

Clear-Cut LawnSite Senior Member

so you want a logo with no name in it and no pictures...?

6. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

I like my name, but I have not registered it so it is still open for anyone to use around here. I am probably safe to include it in my logo though. I really don't want a picture because it seems like it over complicates the logo IMO.

Thanks...

7. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

What colors are you going for in your logo? No pics and no name... I am playing around with making some logos, it will give me a chance to make up some new ideas....

8. GravelyGuy

from Indiana

Include the name if you want, it's probably a good idea to include it. Shades of green etc. I just don't want it to look cartoony. If you don't mind me asking, what program are you using?

Thanks...

9. Shawnhines

Shawnhines LawnSite Member

Well without putting in a name I could only come up with something with your first letter... Let me know what you think I got some more ideas for you just no time tonight...

Green Lawn Care Sample.jpg

10. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

If there is a sign shop that specializes in truck lettering in your area just go and talk to them. They're usually pretty artistic and can probably come up with an idea. When I had my stuff lettered and logoed the guy there came up with some ideas on his own and I incorporated some of these into the idea I already had. He also showed me some of the projects he was working on. The customer had no idea what he wanted and this guy came up with the perfect logo and lettering for this guy's business. It wasn't expensive either. The one thing that is important though, is to stick with the logo once you have it and put it on everything from form letters and invoices to your vehicles. Brand identification is so important. Good luck.