1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Illegal immigrants wrecked into me last night

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kalyeah, Jan 24, 2005.

1. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

Sorry guys, just had to vent for a minute. Had a car load of illegal mexican immigrants wreck into me last night. Did a lot of body work to my 04 Dodge Ram. They were heading the wrong way on a one way road. They then side swiped me. He was thinking about pulling off but luckily some guys from some other cars had already hopped out and were banging on his car. They finally yelled at him long enough to get him to stop the car. One lady in the car could speak english. The driver could not speak english, didn't have a driver liscense. The owner of the car wasn't in the car. They had proof of Insurance, but I have my doubts about it being paid up. I can't find out till I get the police report in 7-10 days. So anyways, for anyone that uses illegal worker. This could be you next time.
  2. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

yep had the same thing happen to me once. i was going to work and he was over the line. cost me 200 bucks for a new mirror. lucklt it didnt break the glass. boy was i mad and to beat all i had to chase him down
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Glad to hear you're ok.
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I t-boned a guy in a little Toyota Corolla about 8 years ago. I was doing about 30 and he just made a left in front of me. I was fully loaded, truck full of leaves, with trailer. He was lucky I didn't kill him, I hit him and basically ripped the whole front clip off the car, it was totalled. Guy had no license, or insurance, or ID and the car didn't belong to him. Spoke very little English. Everyone was OK and my truck just had a cracked grille and the bumper was smashed in. The police took my info and I was on my way, but I sure ruined his day. Oh well, shouldn't be doing that....
  5. aklandscape

aklandscape LawnSite Member

My buddies parents went to mexico a number of years ago and said that is how they all drive down there. They said it was like bumper cars, they bang into each other, get out look at the damage and take off again.
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that's one big problem i have with some illegals
    we have a lot of them here with no insurance driving around.
    i increased my uninsured motorist insurance.
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Who told you they were illegal? Did the INS come to the scene of the accident? Or did the local police take them into custody first?
  8. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

:realmad: I found this quite humorous...a bit gross. You've been warned...

So...we got back from Paris a couple weeks ago. A few days after I got back, I started getting a little rash on my wrists. It slowly spread up my arms, and on my chest and back. I thought maybe it would go away, so I didn't worry about it too much. About a week later, I still had this rash...but then Sara started to get it!

Ok, now it doesn't seem like a rash. We quickly made a Doctor's appointment (or as quickly as you can with the UK National Health Service...you can't really make an appointment...you have to go in when the place opens and see if they have any availability that day. Doesn't make any sense to me...don't get me started). The Doctor took one look at my rash and asked, "Have you been out of the country lately? (Yes, France) How was the hotel? (A bit dodgy, but it was cheap!) I think you have Scabies!

Scabies, for those of you too lazy to click the link, are little microscopic bugs that burrow into your skin. While they're burrowing, they release a protein that causing the itchy rash, particularly at night (which is what it was doing). So we totally let the bed bugs bite! The Dr. gave us a lotion that you have to rub from jawline to toes (VERY thoroughly) that kills them. So our quality time together for this week was to have a nice dinner, wine, then rub each other down with anti-scaby cream. Anyway, we are now both scaby-free.

But scabies can be fun! It has allowed for witty banter between us, including:

What's up, scabes?
    Man, my scabies is acting up today!
    Don't touch that! You'll get all your scabies on it!
    I wish these scabies would back up off me!
    And thank God we live in a time where you can go and get a cream and remove them. Back in the day, you just had to be a scaby snack. (You know the phase, "sleep tight - don't let the bed bugs bite." Back in the day, they used to tie up their beds so they were suspended off the floor so they got fewer scabies/fleas. You had to tie the bed up tight so it didn't sag to the floor when you got in. Fun fact we learned in Stratford-upon-Avon.
  9. kalyeah

kalyeah LawnSite Member

Police took the 2 men into custody. Let the woman(who was the only one who could speak english) and the kid(about 3 years old go).
  10. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

I was driving to the store the other morning in my 1997 Ford F150 (59,000 miles) and I had the green light. I proceeded through the light and I heard the sound of locked up tires and saw the guy at the last second. I got him in the drivers door at about 30 miles. The guy was white, 58 years old, great american. Well, after the ambulance hauled him off the State Trooper gave me some great news, no insurance on the car. I get to write a 2477.00 dollar check to the auto body place, weed eat for a month or two with a sore knee, and he gets community service! He asked me if he could pay me 100 a month until the debt was settled, and I told him not to bother because deep down inside even he knew that he was not going to be man enough to pay the debt he owed. :angry: BOTTOMLINE: No fault sucks! American, Mexican, Korean, who cares!