Illegal or legal ?

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by jaybow, Mar 25, 2007.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Hey guys I was wanting to find out if it is illegal to apply scotts fertilizer for customers without a license.Or is it just illegal to use the liquid stuff.
    Also what is involved in getting a licence and how tuff is it to do.
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Liquid has nothing to do with it. Do a search on this, and you will come up with a days worth of reading just for Michigan, alone.
  4. Turf66

Turf66 LawnSite Member

All products break down in the soil and have the potential to leach. Don't let the fancy bag fool you:nono: In Ga.,any product such as this requires an applicator Lic. and a Contractors Lic to apply for money. I'm sure its the same in most places.
  5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Its illegal to apply it without a license here in DE
  6. Leisure Time Lawn Care

Leisure Time Lawn Care LawnSite Member

What about organic??? do you still need a license?????
  7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Just got a call from a customer today who want me to spread their Scott's fert when i do the spring cleanup. Is it ok if i do it? they would provide the fert, i just do the labor od spreading it. they have that Scott's 4 season program or what ever it is when you apply something each season.
    thanks of any input.
  8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

50 Bucks for a permit to apply fertilizer here. If it has any pesticide, herbicide or any other chemical can't use it unless you have your pesticide license. My brother is getting ready to be a licensed chemist. Right now he makes fertilizer. There are a lot of processes to make it. Who knows maybe he'll own a fertilizer company someday.