Illegalistas.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gorknoids, Jun 5, 2008.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you work with them? How many of you know people who hire them? And most importantly, which nationality of illegalista do you consider to be the most productive? Ecuadorian? Chilean? Conversely, which illegalistas just aren't worth hiring?

2. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Just to throw a fact into this thread, hiring these people is actually illegal if they; 1, are not citizens, 2, dont have a green card. i dont ever pick one up, i jus say man, how can these people sit out in 90-100 degree weather waitin to be picked up and not even know where you are going. and then get paid next to nothin for the work that you do.

3. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I use guatamalans and they are the best im my opinion. But it doesnt matter what nationality the person is as long as they perform. I personally have had bad luck with salvadorians. But again thats just me. Chief, most of these guys dont work for nothing. Most wont work for less than $100 a day. I pay my workers better than most companies do and thats why I have happy workers that do good work. Dont think someone cant perform just because of their nationality. The only reason I hire hispanics is because 1. I am hispanic (mexican) 2. The only white guys that will mow lawns in my area are white trash and I dont want that. 3. Because these guys care about doing good work to keep a job because they have a family to feed.
    Almost everyone in my area runs hispanic labor because its all you can find thats good.

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Um...you shouldn't hire illegal immigrants no matter what nationality they are. Also, it dosen't matter what nationality your workers are as long as they do good work.